Sunday, July 29, 2012

STAY AT HOME MOM

Here alone,  but glad to know that at least one of us was there for David's baptizing. Hubby called and said David sang his solo part on "Peace Like a River" like a pro,  of course. Then when the preacher asked him if he was ready to be baptized, and had he accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Master, David loudly said, "Yes Sir!"

My son taped the whole thing, so I'll be able to see it soon.

After eating a spaghetti lunch at church they came home and went to a matinee today--at least the "menfolks" did.  Tonight, they're cooking steaks on the grill, and having a cake for David's special day. I do wish so much I was there. Not for the steak or for the cake---but to feel a part of the day.

Hubby has called to check on me several times, and he hated going alone.  He said when we talked before, "A hundred years fom now, nobody is going to remember whether I was there or not!"

I replied, "No--but 20 years from now, when David is 28--he may well smile and remember that he sat beside his Pop in church and then went up to be baptized while Pop watched, smiling at him!"

That did it.

He asked if I was sure I'd be alright, still hated driving the 4 hours up there, but got there alright. Played with the children til they went to bed, and he called, having a bowl of cereal before bed, and talked for awhile---saying how odd it was to be there without me. I feel the very same way, but I knew I would not be up to it, and I didn't want to drag the weekend down for them.  I'm very much in hopes I'll be able to go with them to the beach, even if we don't stay the whole week. Hubby doesn't like the beach at all--and he'd GLADLY stay home! On the other hand--I've always loved it, but we've never gone very much. I'm hoping we can all be there together for a few days. The older we get, the less time we spend with our little family--and I want to enjoy time with them for as long as I can.

Hope everyone is having a good Sunday, and will have a blessed weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Awwww....I think David may remember that his grandma was not well, wanted to be there, and was thinking and praying for him the whole time. I know you were. Rest up some and maybe you all can go to the beach for a few days.
    Will be in touch,
    TTYL,
    Hugs,
    Anne♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure David understands, he sounds like such a grown up young man already! Congratulations to him on his baptism and to you too. I can tell you are so proud of him.
    I did get your e-mail and it touched my heart so. I've been taking care of my niece all week and haven't had the chance to get back to you but I will...soon. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry to hear you are not feeling well, I am in the same boat, I am glad Ed went without you though to be there for David, I can't get Tom to do that at all---like even go visit his folks, they have way to many stairs for me to handle, they live up hill and it is stairs to get in the house, and stairs to use the bathroom, its not good. I hope you feel better quickly and get to go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace--it was hard to make him go--we're never apart unless I have to go to the hospital, and thankfully-only for 2 days-- he was the last one to be there. I stayed up there with him, then, though. (That's what we wives do, huh!)Sometimes, well--even if we don't want to stay home, we have to. Sometimes, they may need to go, and learn they can do it without us. I just never want to learn how to get along with him! I don't think it hurts people to be apart for a day or two--and I know Anne, a reader who comments, has a husband who travels frequently to other countries! Mine never did that---so it would be really hard for both of us if we had that situation---but her husband does it to make life for his family good! That's a good man---working for a good wife, and family!

      Delete
  4. He is indeed a good man. Have a great week,

    ReplyDelete

Give Me All Your Thoughts--don't hold back!